Supported operating systems
- Microsoft® Windows® 8 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Microsoft® Windows® 7 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Microsoft® Windows® Vista© (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Microsoft® Windows® XP (32-bit)
Minimum system requirements
All MAGIX programs are developed with user-friendliness in mind so that all the basic features run smoothly and can be fully controlled, even on low-performance computers. Check your operating system’s control panel for technical information about your computer.
- Processor: Dual core processor with 2.0 GHz
- RAM: 1 GB
- Graphics card: Onboard graphics card with a minimum screen resolution of 1024 x 768
- Sound card: Internal sound card
- Hard disk memory: 2 GB free disk space for program installation
- Optical drive: DVD drive (only for installation of the box version)
Recommended System Requirements
Some advanced program functions demand more of your computer's processing power. To use these functions fully, your system should at least meet the following recommended requirements. Check your operating system’s control panel for technical information about your computer.
System requirements for HD and Stereo3D editing
- Processor: Intel® Core™ 2 Quad-core processor with 2.83 GHz (Intel® Core™ i7 recommended) or
AMD® Quad-core processor with 2.8 GHz
- RAM: 4 GB
- Graphics card: Dedicated graphics card with 512 MB VRAM or more
- Sound card: Multi-channel sound card recommended for surround sound editing
- Optical drive: Blu-ray burner for creating your own Blu-ray Discs™
System requirements for 3D playback
- Red/cyan glasses required for anaglyph 3D display.
- A special monitor is needed to watch content with polarized filter glasses.
- A 120 Hz monitor or a projector as well as compatible shutter glasses and graphics card are required for shutter playback.
Supported file formats & devices
Supported import formats
- Video: AVI, DV-AVI, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, MTS, M2TS, MXV, MJPEG, QuickTime®, WMV(HD), VOB, MKV
- Audio: WAV, MP3, OGG, WMA, MIDI, Dolby®Digital Stereo/5.1 (downmix to stereo)
- Images: JPEG, BMP, GIF, TIF, TGA
Supported export formats
- Video: AVI, DV-AVI, MJPEG, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, QuickTime®, WMV(HD)
- Audio: WAV, MP3
- Images: JPEG, BMP
- FireWire interface: for use with DV/HDV camcorders
- USB interface: for use with HD camcorders, cameras, digital video recorders and webcams
- Video, TV, or graphics cards with a video input for digitizing analog sources
- Optical drives: Blu-ray, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, DVD-RAM, or CD-R/RW burner
** 98 test wins refers to the following versions of MAGIX Movie Edit Pro (Plus and Premium): 18, 17, 16, 15, 2007/2008, 2007, 2006/2007, 2006, 2005/2006, 2005, 2004/2005, 2004, 2003/2004, 2.0. Test wins from other countries refer to the country-specific version.
Note: Online services offered in the program and the online update feature require an Internet connection.
For copyright reasons MPEG-4, MPEG-2 and Dolby®Digital Stereo must first be activated for free.
Windows Media® Player version 10 or higher must be installed in order to export MP3s.
MAGIX Anniversary Offer
Photo Manager MX Deluxe included for free!
Order this product and get
Photo Manager MX Deluxe worth $59.99* absolutely free!
It's the perfect all-rounder for your photo collection and picture archive and the ideal solution for making every step in the digital photo editing process efficient and productive. With maximum functionality, optimal user-friendliness and innovative workflows, you can manage image collections of any size from import to export effortlessly, quickly and centrally with just one program.
Note: This product is a free extra. In the physical version it is a part of the main product, albeit without its own packaging.