Supported operating systems
For Microsoft Windows XP | Vista | 7 | 8 (32-bit and 64-bit)
Minimum System Requirements
All MAGIX programs are developed with user-friendliness in mind so that all the basic features run smoothly and can be fully controlled, even on low-performance computers. Check your operating system’s control panel for technical information about your computer.
- Processor: Dual core processor with 2.0 GHz
- RAM: 1 GB
- Onboard graphics card with a screen resolution of at least 1024 x 768
- Sound card: Internal sound card
- Hard drive space: 2 GB for program installation
- Optical drive: DVD drive (only for installation of the box version)
- Internet connection: An Internet connection is required to activate the software
Recommended system requirements
Some advanced program functions demand more of your computer's processing power. To get the most from these functions, your system should at least meet the following recommended requirements. Check your operating system’s control panel for technical information about your computer.
System requirements for 4K/HD editing
- Processor: Quad-core processor with 2.8 GHz or better
- RAM: 4 GB
- Graphics card: Dedicated graphics card with 512 MB VRAM or more
- Sound card: Multi-channel sound card recommended for surround sound editing
- Optical drive: Blu-ray burner to create Blu-ray Discs
System requirements for 3D editing:
- Red/cyan glasses required for anaglyph 3D display.
- A special monitor is needed for viewing with polarized filter glasses.
- A 120 Hz monitor or a projector as well as compatible shutter glasses and graphics card are required for shutter playback.
Supported file formats & devices
Supported import formats
- Video: AVI, DV-AVI, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, MTS, M2TS, MXV, MJPEG, QuickTime, WMV(HD), VOB, MKV
- Audio: WAV, MP3, OGG, WMA, MIDI, Surround-Sound/5.1
- Images: JPEG, BMP, GIF, TIF, TGA
Supported export formats
- Video: AVI, DV-AVI, MJPEG, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, QuickTime, WMV(HD)
- Audio: WAV, MP3, 5.1 Surround-Sound
- Images: JPEG, BMP
- FireWire interface: for use with DV/HDV camcorders
- USB interface: for use with HD camcorders, cameras, digital video recorders and webcams
- Video, TV, or graphics cards with a video input for digitizing analog sources
- Optical drives: Blu-ray, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, DVD-RAM, or CD-R/RW burner
Supported file extensions (import)
.avi, .dat, .evo, .m2v, .m1v, .h264, .mpv, .mpg, .mpeg, .mpg2, .mps, .mp2, .mpe, .m2s, .vdr, .vob, .mod, .vro, .ts, .trp, .tp, .m2t, .mpt, .mmv, .m2ts, .mts, .tod, .mov, .mp4, .dvr-ms, .asf, .pva, .mp4, .mpeg4, .mpeg-4, .m4v, .3gp, .3g2
Note: This program requires an Internet connection for many of its functions.
MP3 export requires installation of Windows Media Player version 10 or higher.