VEGAS Creative Software Extends Content Creation Expertise to Live Streaming with Debut of VEGAS Stream at BETT 2020
VEGAS Creative Software Partners with Microsoft to Develop Live Streaming Solution Integrated with VEGAS Pro Workflow
VEGAS Creative Software (www.vegascreativesoftware.com) announced today it has partnered with Microsoft to extend its production and post-production expertise to the live streaming market with the debut of VEGAS Stream. Optimized for collaboration and Microsoft platforms, VEGAS Stream will make its first industry appearance at BETT 2020, the renowned Education Technology conference in London on January 22 - 25, 2020.
During the conference, the VEGAS Creative Software team will demonstrate a beta version of VEGAS Stream to the more than 34,000 EdTech leaders, influencers and educators at the Microsoft Booth NF40.
Developed to serve the needs of content creators and broadcasters in multiple markets, VEGAS Stream is also optimized for the education market, providing live streaming features with accessible, affordable price points ideally suited for schools and universities. At official launch in summer 2020, VEGAS Stream will be offered in both free and paid versions, with solutions specially tailored for educators who strive to leverage live streaming technologies for distance learning, sporting events, guest lectures, graduations and other live educational events.
VEGAS Creative Software has invested significant resources to ensure tight integration with its post-production platforms, VEGAS Pro and VEGAS POST. With the formal version to be released in summer 2020, when a live stream event is complete, users will be able to send the recorded event to VEGAS Pro or VEGAS POST, with all visual effects, graphics, and titles in place for further editing and delivery. The complete streams of audio and video from each source will be available regardless of whether they were shown live, so an on-demand version can be perfectly edited even if switching mistakes were made during the live event.
Highlights of Official Version to be released in Summer 2020
- Full-featured software-only solution – no expensive dedicated hardware needed
- Professional-looking, easy-to-use set of themed broadcast titles and graphics
- Data for titles can be pulled from Excel, Social Media, and Microsoft Teams
- Fluid integration with Social Media platforms, Microsoft Teams, Microsoft Stream, and Skype
- Live switching between multiple video and audio sources
- Post-edit workflow with VEGAS Pro and VEGAS POST
- Integrates with VEGAS Pro for digital media asset sharing via Microsoft Azure
- Full NDI compatibility
Hardware Platforms and Options
VEGAS Stream will be optimized for a variety of hardware platforms, including:
- Surface Pro Win10 S mode through Windows Store
- Surface Studio
- Future Surface devices with Dual Screen capability, ideal for advanced setups with separate preview and on-air control
The solution will also be available as a cloud-based version which works on all hardware platforms.
Pricing and Availability
VEGAS Stream is currently in beta and will be formally launched in the summer of 2020. Specific availability dates and pricing will be announced at that time.