June 19, 2018
The MAGIX Update Service
Always have the latest software
thanks to the MAGIX Update Service
Some of you might know the Update Service under its former name, the "update guarantee". What does this offer exactly? MAGIX users regularly receive the latest version of the software for a full year, as well as new features, plug-ins, effects and templates for free with an active Update Service. This way, your software always stays up-to-date even after purchase.
Why are we offering the MAGIX Update Service?
The concept of software has changed hugely in recent years. Nowadays, software is no longer seen as a finished, static product, but rather an ongoing service. This becomes clear when, for example, the development of operating systems or apps, whose optimization is an ongoing process, is observed more closely. These improvements are made available to users via updates. With the Update Service, MAGIX joins this development and offers our users regularly improved functions, updates and new content for creative media editing. Thanks to the Update Service, users are able to continually profit from the latest software versions.
The Update Service offers these advantages:
- Always have the latest software version: It no longer makes a difference whether you bought the program in March or in June. You will automatically install the latest version at the time of registration. This way, everyone uses software at the same stage of development.
- New features and extras for free for 1 year: You will also receive the latest features and content after registering the product. After the one-year update service has expired you can extend it for a discounted price.
- Software can be used for unlimited length of time: After expiration of the Update Service, you can keep using the software as well as all included updates for your current installation. In case of a new installation after the guarantee expiration, the basic version remains unless you renew the Update Service for another year. In this case, you will continue to receive all contents installed after the fact.
You'll receive a notification directly within the program or by email any time new features, extras and plug-ins are made available. If you have not yet registered, we recommend that you register for the MAGIX Newsletter.
For which products is the Update Service valid?
Since 2016, new editions of MAGIX software will be published without version number or year. Program names like "MAGIX Movie Edit Pro 2016" or "Xara Web Designer 11" are a thing of the past. Instead, products are now marked with the Update Service. This way, our customers can access the latest and most up-to-date software versions and get all forthcoming features and improvements for free for a full year. This applies equally to download versions from the MAGIX website as well as software purchased as a box version from retail partners in stores.
Currently, the following products include the Update Service:
- Video software: Movie Edit Pro, Fastcut, Video Easy, Video Pro X, Rescue Your Video Tapes!
- Photo & design software: Xara Photo & Graphic Designer, Xara Designer Pro X, Photostory Deluxe, Photo Premium, Photo Manager Deluxe
- Web software: Xara Web Designer
You can recognize all MAGIX programs with the Update Service by the designated logo on the packaging or the product website. On the respective product pages, you will also find detailed overviews of all new products, updates, functions and extras.
Still have question about the Update Service?
You can find additional information and answers to frequently asked questions about the Update Service on our support page.
If you have any questions or problems, you can also contact the MAGIX Community.